Air Conditioning and Furnace Tune-Ups in Charlottesville, VA
Schedule Your Charlottesville HVAC Tune-Up Today.
- Reduces energy bills & the risk of breakdowns
- Improves system efficiency & lifespan
- Just $59 for our signature HVAC tune-up
On this page
Keep your heating and cooling costs low with HVAC maintenance
Summers in Charlottesville, VA are hot and humid, with July averaging 77.6 °F. And with warm temperatures like that, you want to make sure your AC is working properly. Like any household appliance, air conditioners need to be maintained in order for them to work efficiently. Preventative tune-ups can help prolong the life of your AC, reduce your risk of unexpected and expensive repairs, and keep your energy bills low. The same can be said for your furnace! Here at Michael & Son, our signature HVAC tune-up (also called our "Clean & Check" service) is the best way to keep your HVAC systems in prime working condition. With over 40 years in the industry, we’re the most dependable company in Charlottesville!
During your tune-up, one of our NATE-certified Charlottesville techs will thoroughly inspect your system, check all wiring and connections, and confirm your HVAC system is operating properly. They'll also provide a written report with recommendations on how to ensure your system continues to operate at optimum performance.
What's the cost of an HVAC tune‑up in Charlottesville?
The HVAC tune-up costs vary from company to company—some charge up to $250 for an HVAC tune-up. At Michael & Son, we only charge $69 for our signature HVAC tune-ups (also called our "Clean & Check" service).
What's included in a $69 tune-up from Michael & Son?
Indoor Unit Tasks:
- Disinfect work area
- Check thermostat
- Confirm system operation
- Clean/replace/inspect air filter
- Clean and inspect cabinet interior and exterior
- Clean and inspect blower, blower motor, and blower compartment
- Spray disinfectant inside blower compartment and return
- Clean and inspect coil & pan & condensate drain
- Check capacitor and all wiring/connections
- Visual inspection of circuit boards
- Check power switch or service disconnect
- Check for proper voltage supply
- Check all safeties are functioning
- Check motor amps
- Check for CO and smoke detection and safety
- Visual inspection of all duct connections
Outdoor Unit Tasks:
- Confirm operation
- Remove and inspect disconnect
- Clean and inspect inside cabinet and coil
- Visually inspect fan blades and motor
- Clean coil and unit with water & hose
- Tighten and check all wiring and connections
- Inspect and test capacitor
- Inspect hard start or start assist
- Check compressor and condenser fan amps and ratings
- Verify all safeties are connected and working
- Inspect refrigerant lines, valves and ensure they're capped properly
- Review age, condition, efficiency, and expected problems, concerns
Our Straightforward 5‑Step Process
Schedule your tune-up
Need a tune-up in Charlottesville, VA? Give us a call at Call (434) 260-8170 or schedule online, and one of our customer service reps will book you a service appointment ASAP. We always work to accommodate even the busiest of schedules.
Get to know your HVAC technician
The day before your expert AC technician arrives, you'll receive an email with your technician's photo, bio, and relevant trade licenses. We want our Charlottesville customers to be familiar with who will be working in their homes, so we always send a little info about our technicians beforehand.
We thoroughly inspect your HVAC system
Our technicians always arrive on time, ready to inspect and clean your HVAC system. Our technicians will wear protective shoe covers in your home at all times and lay down spotless drop covers to protect the workspace and keep your home clean.
Receive a written report on your system's health
After the tune-up, our technicians will provide you with a written report detailing your system's health. We'll let you know if additional work is recommended to prevent repairs later. Depending on your system's health, we can often do necessary repairs in the same visit, or you can schedule another time for us to return and get the job done.
Tell us how we did
Hopefully, the tune-up was a huge success, but if there is anything we could have done better, we want to know about it. Our team will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the tune-up went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.