Air Conditioning and Furnace Tune-Ups in Baltimore, MD
Schedule Your Baltimore HVAC Tune-Up Today.
Regular HVAC maintenance is essential for the efficient operation of your AC or furnace. They can even lower your energy bills and increase system lifespan. With a NATE-certified technician from Michael & Son performing your tune-up, you can expect fewer unpexpected repairs and lower energy bills year-round. We'll inspect your system, check wiring, clean critical parts, and provide a written report with recommendations. Given Baltimore's hot, muggy summers and cold, overcast winters, maintaining your AC or furnace is critical. Call and schedule your tune-up today!
- Reduces energy bills & the risk of breakdowns
- Improves system efficiency & lifespan
- Just $59 for our signature HVAC tune-up
On this page
How much does an HVAC tune‑up cost in Baltimore?
The HVAC tune-up costs vary from company to company—some charge up to $250 for an HVAC tune-up. At Michael & Son, we only charge $69 for our signature HVAC tune-ups (also called our "Clean & Check" service).
What's included in a $69 tune-up from Michael & Son?
Indoor Unit Tasks:
- Disinfect work area
- Check thermostat
- Confirm system operation
- Clean/replace/inspect air filter
- Clean and inspect cabinet interior and exterior
- Clean and inspect blower, blower motor, and blower compartment
- Spray disinfectant inside blower compartment and return
- Clean and inspect coil & pan & condensate drain
- Check capacitor and all wiring/connections
- Visual inspection of circuit boards
- Check power switch or service disconnect
- Check for proper voltage supply
- Check all safeties are functioning
- Check motor amps
- Check for CO and smoke detection and safety
- Visual inspection of all duct connections
Outdoor Unit Tasks:
- Confirm operation
- Remove and inspect disconnect
- Clean and inspect inside cabinet and coil
- Visually inspect fan blades and motor
- Clean coil and unit with water & hose
- Tighten and check all wiring and connections
- Inspect and test capacitor
- Inspect hard start or start assist
- Check compressor and condenser fan amps and ratings
- Verify all safeties are connected and working
- Inspect refrigerant lines, and valves and ensure they're capped properly
- Review age, condition, efficiency, and expected problems, concerns
5 Simple Steps To Your Baltimore HVAC Tune‑Up
Schedule your tune-up
Get to know your technician
The day before your tune-up technician arrives, you'll receive an email with your technician's photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and fun background information. We always send a little information about our technicians beforehand, so our customers feel comfortable with who will work in their Baltimore homes.
We check & clean your HVAC system
Our technicians always arrive on time, ready to inspect and clean your HVAC system. Our technicians will always wear protective shoe covers in your home and lay down spotless drop covers to protect the workspace and keep your home clean.
Get a written report on your system
After the tune-up, our technicians will provide you with a written report detailing any additional work your AC or heating system may need now to prevent repairs later. After explaining any immediate repair needs, you can choose what work you'd like to prioritize. We'll either complete the work in the same visit or schedule another time/day to return and get the job done.
Tell us how we did
If there is anything we could have done better during your HVAC maintenance appointment, we want to know about it. Our team will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the tune-up went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.