Air Conditioning and Furnace Tune-Ups in Norfolk, VA
Schedule Your Norfolk HVAC Tune-Up Today.
To prevent HVAC issues, regular maintenance is key. With just one tune-up visit per year, you'll enjoy benefits like better air quality, improved energy efficiency, and fewer surprise repairs. If you're looking for an honest assessment of your home's AC or furnace, call your friends at Michael & Son. We'll be out as early as today to finish the job. We promise to never sell you parts you don't need. And you can always rely on our recommendations.
- Lowers energy bills & reduces the risk of breakdowns
- Enhances system efficiency & increases system lifespan
- Just $59 for our signature HVAC tune-up
On this page
Preserve your HVAC system's health with preventative maintenance
When it's hot and humid in Norfolk, you depend on your AC system to keep you cool and comfortable. The same goes for your furnace or heating system in the wintertime. The last thing you need is an HVAC system that won't turn on or makes strange noises when you need it the most.
The best way to prevent these issues is by regularly maintaining your HVAC systems. Maintenance offers plenty of benefits while ensuring your peace of mind, including better air quality, improved energy performance, and fewer repair issues... to name a few. So if you want to help prolong the lifespan of your AC or furnace, reduce your risk of unexpected and expensive repairs, and keep your energy bills low, call Michael & Son today.
How much does an HVAC tune‑up cost in Norfolk?
HVAC tune-up prices vary depending on various factors, such as the contractor you hire and how extensive the service is. At Michael & Son, we only charge $59 for our signature HVAC tune-ups (also called our "Clean & Check" service).
What's included in a $59 tune-up from Michael & Son?
Indoor Unit Tasks:
- Disinfect work area
- Check thermostat
- Confirm system operation
- Clean/replace/inspect air filter
- Clean and inspect cabinet interior and exterior
- Clean and inspect blower, blower motor, and blower compartment
- Spray disinfectant inside blower compartment and return
- Clean and inspect coil & pan & condensate drain
- Check capacitor and all wiring/connections
- Visual inspection of circuit boards
- Check power switch or service disconnect
- Check for proper voltage supply
- Check all safeties are functioning
- Check motor amps
- Check for CO and smoke detection and safety
- Visual inspection of all duct connections
Outdoor Unit Tasks:
- Confirm operation
- Remove and inspect the disconnect
- Clean and inspect inside cabinet and coil
- Visually inspect fan blades and motor
- Clean coil and unit with water & hose
- Tighten and check all wiring and connections
- Inspect and test capacitor
- Inspect hard start or start assist
- Check compressor and condenser fan amps and ratings
- Verify all safeties are connected and working
- Inspect refrigerant lines and valves and ensure they're capped properly
- Review age, condition, efficiency, and expected problems, concerns
Your HVAC system Tune‑up in 5 steps
Make your tune-up appointment
Meet your technician
The day before your tune-up technician arrives, you'll receive an email with your technician's photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and background information. We always send a little information about our technicians before their service, so our customers feel comfortable with who will be working in their homes.
We check & clean your HVAC system
Our technicians always arrive on time, ready to inspect and clean your HVAC system. Our technicians will always wear protective shoe covers in your home and lay down spotless drop covers to protect the workspace and keep your Norfolk home clean.
Get a written report on your system
After the tune-up, our technicians will provide you with a written report documenting any additional work your AC or heating system may need to prevent repairs later. After explaining any immediate repair needs, you can choose what work you'd like to prioritize. We'll either complete the work in the same visit or schedule another time/day to return and get the job done.
Give us your feedback
If there is anything we could have done better during your HVAC maintenance appointment, we want to know about it. Our team will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the tune-up went. If you're not satisfied, we'll make it right.