Central Air Conditioning Installations in Charlottesville, VA
Schedule Your Charlottesville AC Installation Today.
If your AC requires constant repairs or is becoming too expensive to run, call Michael & Son. As Charlottesville's go-to AC installer and service provider, homeowners throughout Northern Virginia have trusted Michael & Son for over 40 years. We offer special financing with approved credit on the best Carrier comfort systems available. And our estimates are always free. Ready to enjoy a new AC system for your Charlottesville home? Don’t hesitate to call the professionals at Michael & Son today!
- Special Financing Available
- NATE-certified technicians
- Upfront, honest pricing
On this page
What's the cost to install an AC in Charlottesville, VA?
The majority of central air conditioning installations in Charlottesville tend to fall within this price range:
- Low $4,200
- Our Average $6,000
- High $9,500
How Michael & Son determines your estimate
- We perform a load calculation. Before we recommend an AC unit for your Charlottesville home, our techs will perform a load calculation. Load calculations measure home size, insulation values, and the number of doors and windows, among other factors, to determine the correct AC size that your home will need.
- We listen to the homeowner's wants and needs. Some Charlottesville homeowners don't mind paying a bit more for more energy efficiency, while others are more concerned with budget. And others still want all the bells and whistles (new thermostats, air purifiers, and other add-ons). We'll make sure you're getting exactly what you want before any work is done.
- We consider parts and labor warranties. Extended parts and labor warranties protect homeowners from paying out of pocket for repairs down the road. Keep in mind that adding extended warranties also adds to the price estimate.
5 steps to your AC installation
Schedule your free estimate
Give us a call at (434) 260-8170 or schedule an appointment online. One of our friendly customer service reps will work with your schedule to find an appointment time with one of our experienced comfort engineers.
Get to know your comfort engineer
The day before your comfort engineer is scheduled to arrive, you'll receive an email with their photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and some fun background information. We do this for all of our Charlottesville homeowners because it's important to us that you feel comfortable about who will be working inside your home.
Choose the perfect AC for your home
First, our comfort engineer will determine the ideal AC size for your home by conducting a load calculation. Next, they'll work with your budget and your goals to identify the perfect cooling system. We'll always give you good, better, and best options for your air conditioner installation and will never try to sell you a system that you don't feel is the perfect fit.
Let us install your new AC
After reviewing your options, you'll receive an estimate for your installation. Once you approve the estimate, we'll send a team of NATE-certified technicians to your Charlottesville home within 3-5 days to install your new AC system. These technicians will protect your home like it's their own. Shoe covers are worn at all times and drop cloths are placed down to protect your floor.
Tell us how we did
Whether the job was a huge success or there was something we could've done better, we want to know about it. One of the technicians on the job or your comfort engineer will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the AC installation went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.