Air Conditioning and Furnace Tune-Ups in Frederick, MD
Schedule Your Frederick HVAC Tune-Up Today.
The last thing you need is an HVAC system that isn't working correctly when you need it the most. So how can you ensure your AC or furnace is prepared to keep you comfy during the peak winter/summer months in Frederick? Simple: preventative maintenance! A system tune-up offers a variety of benefits, including better air quality, improved system energy performance, and fewer repair issues. And all it takes to schedule your tune-up is a single call to Michael & Son.
- Lowers energy bills & reduces the risk of breakdowns
- Enhances system efficiency & increases system lifespan
- Just $59 for our signature HVAC tune-up
On this page
How much does an HVAC tune‑up cost in Frederick?
HVAC tune-up prices vary depending on various factors, such as the contractor you hire and how extensive the service is. At Michael & Son, we only charge $59 for our signature HVAC tune-ups (also called our "Clean & Check" service).
What's included in a $59 tune-up from Michael & Son?
Indoor Unit Tasks:
- Disinfect work area
- Check thermostat
- Confirm system operation
- Clean/replace/inspect the air filter
- Clean and inspect cabinet interior and exterior
- Clean and inspect the blower, blower motor, and blower compartment
- Spray disinfectant inside the blower compartment and return
- Clean and inspect coil & pan & condensate drain
- Check the capacitor and all wiring/connections
- Visual inspection of circuit boards
- Check the power switch or service disconnect
- Check for proper voltage supply
- Check all safeties are functioning
- Check motor amps
- Check for CO and smoke detection and safety
- Visual inspection of all duct connections
Outdoor Unit Tasks:
- Confirm operation
- Remove and inspect the disconnect
- Clean and inspect the inside cabinet and coil
- Visually inspect fan blades and motor
- Clean coil and unit with water & hose
- Tighten and check all wiring and connections
- Inspect and test the capacitor
- Inspect hard start or start assist
- Check compressor and condenser fan amps and ratings
- Verify all safeties are connected and working
- Inspect refrigerant lines and valves and ensure they're capped properly
- Review age, condition, efficiency, and expected problems, concerns
5 Quick Steps to your HVAC tune‑up
Schedule your tune-up appointment
Get to know your technician
The day before your tune-up technician arrives, you'll receive an email with your technician's photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and background information. We always send a little information about our technicians before their service, so our customers feel comfortable with who will be working in their homes.
We check & clean your HVAC systems
Our technicians always arrive on time, ready to inspect and clean your HVAC system. Our technicians will always wear protective shoe covers in your home and lay down spotless drop covers to protect the workspace and keep your Frederick home clean.
Get a written report on your system
After the tune-up, our technicians will provide you with a written report documenting any additional work your AC or heating system may need to prevent repairs later. After explaining any immediate repair needs, you can choose what work you'd like to prioritize. We'll either complete the work in the same visit or schedule another time/day to return and get the job done.
Give us your feedback
If there is anything we could have done better during your HVAC maintenance appointment, we want to know about it. Our team will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the tune-up went. If you're not satisfied, we'll make it right.