Air Conditioning and Furnace Tune-Ups in Richmond, VA
Schedule Your Richmond HVAC Tune-Up Today.
Annual HVAC maintenance is important to keep warranties from expiring. They also help reduce your energy bills and extend the life of your HVAC systems. With Michael & Son's HVAC tune-up, you'll enjoy a more efficient system all year long. We thoroughly inspect your AC, furnace, or heat pump, identifying and fixing minor issues before they escalate. You'll also receive a written report with recommendations for enhancing home comfort and optimizing system efficiency. Schedule repairs on your terms and avoid those expensive peak-season repairs!
- Lowers energy bills & reduces the risk of breakdowns
- Enhances system efficiency & lifespan
- Just $59 for our signature HVAC tune-up
On this page
How much does an HVAC tune‑up cost in Richmond?
The cost of an HVAC tune-up varies from company to company. Some charge up to $250 for an HVAC tune-up. At Michael & Son, we only charge $59* for our signature HVAC tune-ups (also called our "Clean & Check" service).
*Restrictions apply. Price applies to one (1) zone. Call for details.
What's included in a $59 tune-up from Michael & Son?
Indoor Unit Tasks:
- Disinfect work area
- Check thermostat
- Confirm system operation
- Inspect air filter
- Clean and inspect cabinet interior and exterior
- Clean and inspect blower, blower motor and blower compartment
- Spray disinfectant inside blower compartment and return
- Clean and inspect coil & pan & condensate drain
- Check capacitor and all wiring/connections
- Visual inspection of circuit boards
- Check power switch or service disconnect
- Check for proper voltage supply
- Check all safeties are functioning
- Check motor amps
- Check for CO and smoke detection and safety
- Visual inspection of all duct connections
Outdoor Unit Tasks:
- Confirm operation
- Remove and inspect disconnect
- Clean and inspect inside cabinet and coil
- Visually inspect fan blades and motor
- Clean coil and unit with water & hose
- Tighten and check all wiring and connections
- Inspect and test capacitor
- Inspect hard start or start assist
- Check compressor and condenser fan amps and ratings
- Verify all safeties are connected and working
- Inspect refrigerant lines, valves and ensure they're capped properly
- Review age, condition, efficiency, and expected problems, concerns
Your Richmond HVAC tune‑up in 5 easy steps
Schedule Your Tune-up
Calling (804) 465-6453 or scheduling online will put you in touch with a Michael & Son customer service rep, who will work with your schedule to confirm an appointment time with one of our tune-up technicians.
Get to know your technician
The day before your tune-up, you'll receive an email with their photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and fun background information. We do this because we want you to feel comfortable about the person arriving at your Richmond home.
We'll inspect and clean your HVAC system
Our technicians will arrive at your front door ready to inspect and clean your HVAC system. While at work, the tech will wear protective shoe covers in your home and lay down spotless drop covers to protect the workspace and keep your home clean.
Get a written report on your system
After the tune-up, our technicians will provide you with a written report detailing any additional work your AC or heating system may need to prevent repairs later. After explaining any immediate repair needs, you can choose what work you'd like to prioritize. We'll either complete the work in the same visit or schedule another time/day to return and get the job done.
Let us know how we did
Whether the job was a huge success or there was something we could've done better, we want to know about it. Our team will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the tune-up went. If you're not satisfied, we'll make it right.