Sewer Line Repairs in Richmond, VA
Schedule Your Richmond Sewer Line Repairs Today.
A broken sewer line can cause unpleasant odors, a flooded yard, draining difficulties, or water damage. If you've noticed any of these issues, then give Michael & Son a call today. We're Richmond's highest-rated plumber with over 3,000 5-star reviews, so whether your sewer line is clogged, damaged by tree roots, or anything else, our experts can take care of it for you. We're even open 24/7 for times when your sewer line repair needs to be resolved right now.
- Reliable, On-Time Service
- 24/7 emergency service
- 3,000+ verified reviews
On this page
What's the cost to repair a sewer line in Richmond, VA?
There are a variety of factors that will impact the cost of your sewer line repair, but the majority of sewer line repairs in Richmond tend to fall within this price range:
- Low $7,500
- Our Average $12,000
- High $18,000
How Michael & Son determines your estimate
- We locate the sewer line. The location and length of the repair needed will significantly impact repair costs. If the problem area is located directly under your paved driveway or under the concrete slab of your home, the contractor will need to use special tools to break up the concrete. The additional time and expensive machinery needed for this job will raise the overall cost of the project. Work permits, excavation costs, and lawn repair contribute to the cost as well.
- We identify the cause of the damage. Sewer lines can break, burst, and clog. It's also not uncommon for sewer lines in Richmond to freeze during severe winters. Before your plumber gives you an estimate, they will need to determine the cause of your sewer line problems. When pipes are clogged, they can often be cleared, but if tree roots invade your sewer line, the pipe will likely need to be replaced, which will increase your cost.
- We determine the extent of the damage. If the damage to your sewage pipe is minimal, solutions like pipelining can be used to repair the damage without having to replace a portion or all of the pipe. If your sewer lines are old, or the damage to them is severe enough, your repair may require replacing some or all of the pipe/sewer network which will increase your repair costs.
- We estimate the number of hours for the job. Once we know the cause and extent of the damage, we then determine the hours it will take to finish the job. That labor cost is clearly defined in the estimate we hand you.
Your sewer line repair in 4 simple steps
Schedule your repair
Michael & Son has two convenient ways to schedule: online or by phone when you call (804) 465-6453. Both options will put you in touch with our customer service department, which will then schedule an expert plumber to visit your Richmond home and assess your sewer line repair needs.
Meet your expert plumber
Home service visits are always better when you know the person who's coming to your home. That's why we send you an email with your plumber's name, photo, a short bio, and a few fun facts about their background.
We'll repair your sewer line
Your plumber will work quickly to identify the cause of the sewer line damage or backup and advise you on their findings. We come prepared to handle just about any type of sewer line repair you can think of.
We want to hear about your experience!
Once we're confident that your plumbing is in working order, we'll request your feedback for the job. Your opinion sincerely matters to us. And if the job wasn't up to your standards, we promise we'll do everything we can to make it right.