Central Air Conditioning Installation in Richmond, VA
Install A New Air Conditioner in Richmond, VA Today.
Michael & Son has been providing top-quality air conditioning installations and replacements to local residents in Richmond, VA, since 1976. We're an excellent choice for AC installations because we offer free estimates and great value on a range of high-efficiency Carrier systems. We work fast, we're reliable, and we get your system up and running in less than a day. If that sounds good to you, then give your friends at Michael & Son a call today.
- Special Financing Available
- NATE-certified technicians
- 3,000+ verified reviews
On this page
What's the cost to install an AC in Richmond?
The majority of central air conditioning installations in Richmond tend to fall within this price range:
- Low $4,200
- Our Average $6,000
- High $9,500
How Michael & Son determines your estimate
- We determine the proper AC size by performing a load calculation. Before we recommend an AC unit for your Richmond home, our techs will perform a load calculation to determine the correct size of AC your home will need. Load calculations measure home size, insulation values, and the number of doors and windows, among other factors.
- We get to know your comfort preferences, budget, and other needs. Higher-end AC models often come with more “comfort” features, such as variable cooling speeds or additional sound insulation, which can increase the price. While some Richmond homeowners don't mind paying a bit more for more energy efficiency and other bells and whistles, some homeowners prioritize the budget. Before any work is done, we'll make sure you're getting exactly what you want.
- We consider parts and labor warranties. Extended parts and labor warranties protect homeowners from paying out of pocket for repairs down the road. Keep in mind, that adding extended warranties also adds to the price estimate.
Your Custom Central Air Contioning Installation in Richmond, VA
Get to know your comfort engineer
The day before your comfort engineer is scheduled to arrive, you'll receive an email with their photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and some fun background information. We do this for all of our Richmond homeowners because it's important to us that you feel comfortable about who will be working inside your home.
Select the ideal AC for your home
First, our comfort engineer will determine the ideal AC size for your home by conducting a load calculation. Next, they'll work with your budget and your goals to identify the perfect cooling system. We'll always give you good, better, and best options for your air conditioner installation and will never try to sell you a system that you don't feel is the perfect fit.
We'll install your new AC!
After reviewing your options, you'll receive an estimate for your installation. Once you approve the estimate, we'll send a team of NATE-certified technicians to your Richmond home within 3-5 days to install your new AC system. These technicians will protect your home like it's their own. Shoe covers are worn at all times and drop cloths are placed down to protect your floor.
Give us your honest feedback!
Whether the job was a huge success or there was something we could've done better, we want to know about it. One of the technicians on the job or your comfort engineer will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the AC installation went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.