Air Conditioning and Furnace Tune-Ups in Alexandria, VA
Schedule Your Alexandria HVAC Tune-Up Today.
- Lowers energy bills & reduces the risk of breakdowns
- Enhances system efficiency & lifespan
- Just $59 for our signature HVAC tune-up
On this page
Avoid problems down the road with an annual HVAC tune‑up
If your AC or furnace has dirty or broken parts, it won't run as efficiently– increasing your energy bills and your risk of an untimely, expensive breakdown. By scheduling your HVAC tune-up with Michael & Son, you'll prevent costly repairs, ensure your system is running safely and efficiently, and reduce your energy bills.
During your cooling or heating tune-up, one of our professional techs will thoroughly inspect your entire system, check all wiring and connections, and confirm your AC or furnace is operating properly. They'll also provide a written report with recommendations on improving the quality and comfort in your home and ensuring your system continues to operate at optimum performance.
How much does an HVAC tune‑up cost in Alexandria?
The HVAC tune-up costs vary from company to company—some charge up to $250 for an HVAC tune-up. At Michael & Son, we only charge $69 for our signature HVAC tune-ups (also called our "Clean & Check" service).
What's included in a $69 tune-up from Michael & Son?
Indoor Unit Tasks:
- Disinfect work area
- Check thermostat
- Confirm system operation
- Clean/replace/inspect air filter
- Clean and inspect cabinet interior and exterior
- Clean and inspect blower, blower motor, and blower compartment
- Spray disinfectant inside blower compartment and return
- Clean and inspect coil & pan & condensate drain
- Check capacitor and all wiring/connections
- Visual inspection of circuit boards
- Check power switch or service disconnect
- Check for proper voltage supply
- Check all safeties are functioning
- Check motor amps
- Check for CO and smoke detection and safety
- Visual inspection of all duct connections
Outdoor Unit Tasks:
- Confirm operation
- Remove and inspect disconnect
- Clean and inspect inside cabinet and coil
- Visually inspect fan blades and motor
- Clean coil and unit with water & hose
- Tighten and check all wiring and connections
- Inspect and test capacitor
- Inspect hard start or start assist
- Check compressor and condenser fan amps and ratings
- Verify all safeties are connected and working
- Inspect refrigerant lines, valves and ensure they're capped properly
- Review age, condition, efficiency, and expected problems, concerns
5 Simple Steps To Your Alexandria HVAC Tune‑Up
Schedule your tune-up
Need a tune-up? Give us a call at 703-289-0565 or schedule online and one of our customer service reps will book you a service appointment ASAP. We always work to accommodate even the busiest of schedules.
Meet your technician
The day before your tune-up technician is scheduled to arrive, you'll receive an email with your technician's photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and some fun background information. We always send a little info about our technicians beforehand, so our customers feel comfortable with who will be working in their home.
Relax while we check & clean your HVAC system
Our technicians always arrive on time, ready to inspect and clean your HVAC system. Our technicians will wear protective shoe covers in your home at all times and lay down spotless drop covers to protect the workspace and keep your home clean.
Get a written report on your system
After the tune-up, our technicians will provide you with a written report detailing any additional work your AC or heating system may need now to prevent repairs later. After explaining any immediate repair needs, you can choose what work you'd like to prioritize. We'll either complete the work in the same visit or schedule another time/day to return and get the job done.
Tell us how we did
Hopefully the tune-up was a huge success, but if there is anything we could have done better, we want to know about it. Our team will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the tune-up went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.