Garbage Disposal Installations in Charlottesville, VA
Schedule Your Garbage Disposal Installation in Charlottesville Today.
For over 40 years, Michael & Son has been providing plumbing and other home services to homeowners in Charlottesville and throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Our professional, experienced, and highly-trained plumbers have earned us the reputation as one of Charlottesville's most reliable plumbing and home service companies. So, if you need a new garbage disposal installed or serviced, our plumbers are available for 24/7 emergency service.
- Flat rate, up-front pricing
- Reliable, on-time service
- 24/7 emergency plumbing service
On this page
How much is a garbage disposal installation in Charlottesville?
The cost of a garbage disposal installation in Charlottesville tends to fall within this price range:
- Low $465
- Our Average $835
- High $1,095
How Michael & Son determines your quote
- The feed type. The type of garbage disposal you choose (continuous or batch feed) will impact your installation cost. Continuous feed garbage disposals are turned on and off with a switch on the wall and are commonly used in Charlottesville. Due to their popularity, continuous feed disposals are less expensive to install. Batch feed disposals are typically more expensive but are considered "safer" to use because they require a stopper lid in order to turn on.
- The size of the motor. Depending on the size of your garbage disposal's motor, measured in horsepower (HP), your installation costs can vary. The higher the HP of the garbage disposal, the more expensive it will cost to install. Motors with a range in the ⅓ and ½ for HP tend to be best for a household of 1-4 people and will be less expensive to install. However, you pay more for repairs down the line because smaller motors tend to jam more frequently. If you have a large household or know you'll use your garbage disposal a lot, we recommend getting a motor size between ¾ and 1 HP for smoother operation.
- The type of steel used. The type of steel you choose will impact your installation costs. Most manufacturers make garbage disposals with either stainless steel or galvanized steel. Stainless steel disposals are more expensive to install but are often more durable. Galvanized steel garbage disposals are adequate for most Charlottesville households and are less expensive to install. But keep in mind, they are more prone to corrosion and rusting which could cost you more in repairs over time.
4 quick steps to your Charlottesville garbage disposal installation
Easily schedule your garbage disposal installation
Call (434) 260-8170 or use our easy online scheduler to get the ball rolling on your garbage disposal installation. Our customer service specialists will assign one of our expert Charlottesville plumbers to perform your installation.
Meet your Charlottesville plumber
We want you to feel comfortable with the plumber we're sending to your home before they arrive. So, we'll send you an email with your plumber's name, photo, bio, and any relevant trade licenses. We'll also give you a brief courtesy call the day before the appointment as a reminder of your appointment.
Get your garbage disposal installed
To find the ideal garbage disposal for your home, we'll go over your household's size, usage, and safety concerns with you. From there, your plumber will make installation recommendations. Once we've finalized which garbage disposal you want and you've signed off on the estimate, we'll schedule an installation appointment. We can generally install your garbage disposal in just a day.
Let us know how we did
Your opinion matters to us—and we mean it. Our Charlottesville plumbers will always request feedback from you at the end of every job. We want to know if the job was a huge success or if there was something we could've done better. We'll do everything we can to ensure you're 100% satisfied with your service.