Garbage Disposal Installations in Baltimore, MD
Schedule Your Garbage Disposal Installation in Baltimore, MD Today.
Is your garbage disposal not turning on, or is it giving off foul odors or making strange sounds? If so, Michael & Son can help you resolve those issues fast. We've earned a reputation in Baltimore for fast, relaible service for all sorts of plumbing issues, including garbage disposal replacements and repairs. We've been around for over 40 years and have plumbers on call 24/7 for all your emergency repair needs. Call today. We're ready to help!
- Flat rate, up-front pricing
- 4,500+ verified reviews
- Honest installation estimates
On this page
How much is a garbage disposal installation in Baltimore, MD?
Garbage disposal installation costs can vary depending on a number of factors, including the feed type, the size of the motor, and the type of steel it's made from. However, the majority of garbage disposal installations in Baltimore tend to fall within this price range:
- Low $465
- Our Average $835
- High $1,095
How Michael & Son determines your quote
- The feed type: batch vs. continuous. There are two types of disposals: continuous feed disposals and batch disposals. Regarding cost, continuous feed disposals are less expensive than batch feed disposals.
- The size of the motor. The larger the motor, the more expensive the garbage disposal. Your garbage disposal's motor is measured in horsepower (HP). The higher the HP of the garbage disposal, the more expensive it will cost to install. Motors with a range in the ⅓ and ½ for HP tend to be best for households of 1-4 people and will be less expensive to install. However, you pay more for repairs down the line because smaller motors tend to jam more frequently. If you have a large household or know you'll use your garbage disposal a lot, we recommend getting a motor size between ¾ and 1 HP for smoother operation.
- The type of steel used. Most garbage disposals are made of either stainless steel or galvanized steel. Regarding installation costs, stainless steel garbage disposals cost more than galvanized steel disposals. While galvanized steel disposals are cheaper than stainless steel to install, disposals made of galvanized steel don’t hold up as well and are more prone to corrosion and rust.
Get your garbage disposal installed in 4 simple steps
Schedule your garbage disposal installation
Call (410) 929-7190 or use our easy online scheduler to get the ball rolling on your garbage disposal installation. Our customer service specialists will assign one of our expert Baltimore plumbers to perform your installation.
Get to know your Baltimore plumber
We want you to feel comfortable with the plumber we're sending to your home before they arrive. So, we'll send you an email with your plumber's name, photo, bio, and any relevant trade licenses. We'll also give you a brief courtesy call the day before the appointment as a reminder of your appointment.
We expertly install your new disposal
We'll review your household's size, usage, and safety concerns to find the ideal garbage disposal for your home. From there, your plumber will make installation recommendations. Once we've finalized which garbage disposal you want and you've signed off on the estimate, we'll schedule an installation appointment. We can generally install your garbage disposal in just a day.
Give us your honest feedback!
Your opinion matters to us—and we mean it. Our Baltimore plumbers will always request feedback from you at the end of every job. We want to know if the job was a huge success or if there was something we could've done better. We'll do everything we can to ensure you're 100% satisfied with your service.