Garbage Disposal Installations & Replacements in Raleigh, NC
Schedule Your Garbage Disposal Installation in Raleigh, NC Today.
If your garbage disposal is damaged and you need a replacement, you've come to the right place. At Michael & Son, our experienced and highly-trained plumbers have earned us a 5-star reputation in the Raleigh area. We'll have your old garbage disposal removed and new one installed in just one visit to your home. We can install a disposal you already purchased, or one we've got on hand. It's up to you! Call today and get the service you need fast. We're open 24/7!
- Flat rate, up-front pricing
- 3,000+ verified reviews
- Honest installation estimates
On this page
How much is a garbage disposal installation in Raleigh, NC?
Garbage disposal installation costs can vary depending on several factors, including the feed type, the size of the motor, and the type of steel it's made from. However, the majority of garbage disposal installations in North Carolina's capital tend to fall within this price range:
- Low $465
- Our Average $835
- High $1,095
How Michael & Son determines your quote
- The type of garbage disposal. There are two types of disposals: continuous feed disposals and batch disposals. Regarding cost, continuous feed disposals are less expensive than batch feed disposals.
- The size of the motor. The larger the motor, the more expensive the garbage disposal. Your garbage disposal's motor is measured in horsepower (HP). The higher the HP of the garbage disposal, the more expensive it will cost to install. Motors with a range in the ⅓ and ½ for HP tend to be best for households of 1-4 people and will be less expensive to install. However, you pay more for repairs down the line because smaller motors tend to jam more frequently. If you have a large household or know you'll use your garbage disposal a lot, we recommend getting a motor size between ¾ and 1 HP for smoother operation.
- The type of material. Better quality material will cost more. However, garbage disposals made with better materials can save you money in the long run. Most garbage disposals are made of either stainless steel or galvanized steel. Regarding installation costs, stainless steel garbage disposals cost more than galvanized steel disposals. While galvanized steel disposals are cheaper than stainless steel to install, disposals made of galvanized steel don’t hold up as well and are more prone to corrosion and rust.
Get your disposal installed in 4 simple steps
Schedule your garbage disposal installation
Call (919) 278-7841 or use our easy online scheduler to get your garbage disposal installation scheduled. Our customer service department will assign one of our expert Raleigh plumbers to complete your installation.
Meet your Raleigh plumber
We want you to feel comfortable with the plumber we're sending to your home before they arrive. So, we'll send you an email with your plumber's name, photo, bio, and any relevant trade licenses. We'll also give you a brief courtesy call the day before the appointment as a reminder of your appointment.
We install your new disposal
We'll review your household's size, usage, and safety concerns to find the perfect garbage disposal for your home. From there, your plumber will make installation recommendations. Once we've finalized which garbage disposal you want and you've signed off on the estimate, we'll schedule an installation appointment. We can generally install your garbage disposal in just a day.
Give us your honest feedback!
Your opinion matters to us—and we mean it. Our Raleigh plumbers will always request feedback from you at the end of every job. We want to know if the job was a huge success or if there was something we could've done better. We'll do everything we can to ensure you're 100% satisfied with your service.