Heat Pump Installations and Replacements in Baltimore, MD
Baltimore, Maryland's Top Heat Pump Installations
Looking for a high-efficiency heating system for your Baltimore home? Choose Michael & Son, the best heat pump installation team in north-central Maryland. Heat pumps provide both heating and cooling and are incredibly efficient to run, which helps you save money year-round. Our NATE-certified technicians assess your comfort preferences and budget in order to recommend the ideal heat pump. With excellent deals on Carrier systems, 0% financing options, and 99% of installations completed in under a day, we bring more value to every installation.
- Special Financing Available
- NATE-certified technicians
- 4,500+ verified reviews
On this page
What's the cost to install a heat pump in Baltimore?
If you’re looking to replace your home’s heat pump or need to install one for the first time, you’re probably researching how much this will cost you. In Baltimore, most heat pump installations fall within this price range:
- Low $8,500
- Our Average $12,000
- High $18,000
How Michael & Son determines your estimate
- We determine the heat pump size you need. Most residential heat pumps range between 1 and 5 tons. The only way to determine the correct size heat pump for your home is to have a professional perform a “load calculation.” A load calculation measures how much heat a home typically accumulates or loses in an hour. A professional will use this calculation to match your home with the appropriate tonnage to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- We listen to what the homeowner wants. Our comfort engineers understand that you know better than they do what you need. Therefore, our team always discusses your budget, energy savings goals, and air quality objectives before writing up an installation estimate. We always ensure you sign off on everything before any work is performed.
- You choose a system. The more comfort features a heat pump system provides, the more it will cost. Higher-end heat pump models often come with more “comfort” features. Some common comfort features include higher cooling speeds (also called variable-speed systems) or sound-muffling devices. Sometimes, comfort features aren’t necessarily built into the unit itself and are added in at the time of installation.
- We consider parts and labor warranties. Extended warranties for parts and labor are considered an add-on to your heat pump installation. Some Baltimore homeowners find the added protection worth the higher upfront cost.
Your Baltimore heat pump installation in 5 easy steps
Schedule your free estimate
To get the ball rolling on your heat pump installation, call us at (410) 929-7190 or schedule your appointment online. Both options will put you in touch with a Michael & Son customer service rep, who'll confirm your appointment with an experienced comfort engineer.
Get to know your comfort engineer
We want you to be acquainted with the person we're sending to your home before they arrive. That's why we always send you an email with your comfort engineer's photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and some fun background information.
Select the right heat pump for your home
Your comfort engineer wants to find the best heat pump for your Baltimore home. To accomplish this, they'll perform a quick load calculation to determine the proper system size. Next, they'll work with you to identify a budget and goals for the new system. Last but not least, you'll make the final decision based on a good, better, and best option.
We install your new heat pump
Your comfort engineer will give you a price estimate that's good for 48 hours. If you agree, we'll send a team of NATE-certified technicians to your home within 3-5 days to install your new heat pump. Shoe covers are worn at all times, and drop cloths are placed down to protect your floor.
Let us know how we did
Whether the job was a huge success or there was something we could've done better, we want to know about it. One of the technicians on the job or your comfort engineer will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the job went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.