Heat Pump Installations and Replacements in Raleigh, NC
Raleigh, NC's Leading Heat Pump Installations & Replacements
Looking for a high-efficiency heating and cooling solution in Raleigh, NC? Consider installing a heat pump with Michael & Son. Heat pumps are ideal for Raleigh-Durham's milder winters, offering both heating and cooling while reducing costs and being more cost-effective to replace than other systems. Michael & Son provides excellent deals on the latest Carrier systems, 0% financing options, and completes 99% of installations in under a day. So it just makes sense to book a free, no-obligation estimate with our team today!
- Special Financing Available
- NATE-certified technicians
- 3,000+ verified reviews
On this page
What's the cost to install a heat pump in the Raleigh‑Durham area?
You're probably researching the installation cost if you’re looking to replace your home’s heat pump or need to install a heat pump. In Raleigh, most heat pump installations fall within this price range:
- Low $7,500
- Our Average $10,000
- High $18,000
How Michael & Son determines your estimate
- The heat pump's size. Tonnage is a measurement of a heat pump’s cooling/heating capacity. The higher the tonnage, the more the heat pump system will cost. Most residential heat pumps range between 1 and 5 tons. The only way to determine the correct size heat pump for your North Carolina home is to have a professional perform a “load calculation” to measure how much heat your home typically accumulates or loses in an hour. We'll use this calculation to match your home with the appropriate tonnage to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- The system's efficiency. Higher-efficiency heat pumps cost more than less efficient heat pumps. However, more efficient heat pumps can save money in the long run via lower operational costs. We'll go over various options with you to find the best system to suit your needs and budget. We always ensure you sign off on everything before any work is performed.
- The system's features. The more comfort features a heat pump system has, the more it will cost. Higher-end heat pump models often come with more “comfort” features. Some common comfort features include higher cooling speeds (variable-speed systems) or sound-muffling devices. Sometimes, comfort features aren’t necessarily built into the unit itself and are added in at the installation time.
- Parts and labor warranties. Extended warranties for parts and labor are considered an add-on to your heat pump installation. Some Raleigh homeowners find the added protection worth the higher upfront cost.
Your Raleigh heat pump installation in 5 easy steps
Schedule your free estimate
To get the ball rolling on your heat pump installation, call us at (919) 278-7841 or schedule your appointment online. Both options will put you in touch with our Michael & Son customer service department, who'll confirm your appointment with an experienced comfort engineer.
Get to know your comfort engineer
We want you to be acquainted with the person we're sending to your home before they arrive. That's why we always send you an email with your comfort engineer's photo, bio, relevant trade licenses, and some fun background information.
Select the right heat pump for your home
Your comfort engineer wants to find the best heat pump for your Raleigh-Durham home. To accomplish this, they'll perform a quick load calculation to determine the proper system size. Next, they'll work with you to identify a budget and goals for the new system. Last, you'll make the final decision based on a good, better, best option.
We install your new heat pump
Your comfort engineer will give you a price estimate that's good for 48 hours. If you agree, we'll send a team of NATE-certified technicians to your home within 3-5 days to install your new heat pump. Shoe covers are worn at all times, and drop cloths are placed down to protect your floor.
Let us know how we did
Whether the job was a huge success or there was something we could've done better, we want to know about it. One of the technicians on the job or your comfort engineer will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the job went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.