Garbage Disposal Installations in Wilmington, NC
Schedule Your Garbage Disposal Installation in Wilmington Today.
When your garbage disposal stops functioning as it should, the issue should be addressed quickly to avoid further complications. If you need a new garbage disposal installed in your Wilmington home, call Michael & Son today!
- Flat rate, up-front pricing
- Free installation estimates
- Reliable, on-time service
On this page
Expert garbage disposal installations in Wilmington
Is your garbage disposal clogged often, or does food take longer than usual to grind? Have you noticed strange noises or leaks when you use your garbage disposal? These are all tell-tale signs that your garbage disposal needs to be replaced. Lucky for you, Michael & Son has been providing top-notch plumbing and other home services to North Carolina homeowners for over 40 years. Our professional, experienced, and highly-trained plumbers have earned us the reputation of one of Wilmington's most reliable plumbing and home service companies. So, if you need a new garbage disposal installed or serviced, our plumbers are available for 24/7 emergency service.
How much is a garbage disposal installation in Wilmington?
The cost of a garbage disposal installation in Wilmington tends to fall within this price range:
- Low $465
- Our Average $835
- High $1,095
How Michael & Son determines your quote
- The feed type. The type of garbage disposal you choose (continuous or batch feed) will impact your installation cost. Continuous feed garbage disposals are turned on and off with a switch on the wall and are commonly used throughout North Carolina. Due to their popularity, continuous feed disposals are less expensive to install. Batch feed disposals are typically more expensive but are considered "safer" to use because they require a stopper lid to turn on.
- The size of the motor. Your installation costs can vary depending on the size of your garbage disposal's motor, measured in horsepower (HP). The higher the HP of the garbage disposal, the more expensive it will cost to install. Motors with a range in the ⅓ and ½ for HP tend to be best for households of 1-4 people and will be less expensive to install. However, you pay more for repairs down the line because smaller motors tend to jam more frequently. If you have a large household or know you'll use your garbage disposal a lot, we recommend getting a motor size between ¾ and 1 HP for smoother operation.
- The type of steel used. The type of steel you choose will impact your installation costs. Most manufacturers make garbage disposals with either stainless steel or galvanized steel. Stainless steel disposals are more expensive to install but are often more durable. Galvanized steel garbage disposals are adequate for most Wilmington households and are less expensive to install. But remember, they are more prone to corrosion and rusting, which could cost you more in repairs over time.
4 quick steps to your Wilmington garbage disposal installation
Easily schedule your garbage disposal installation
Call (910) 444-1644 or use our easy online scheduler to get the ball rolling on your garbage disposal installation. Our customer service specialists will assign one of our expert Wilmington plumbers to perform your installation.
Meet your Wilmington plumber
We want you to feel comfortable with the plumber we're sending to your home before they arrive. So, we'll send you an email with your plumber's name, photo, bio, and any relevant trade licenses. We'll also give you a brief courtesy call the day before the appointment as a reminder of your appointment.
We'll install your new garbage disposal
To find the ideal garbage disposal for your home, we'll review your household's size, usage, and safety concerns. From there, your plumber will make installation recommendations. Once we've finalized which garbage disposal you want and you've signed off on the estimate, we'll schedule an installation appointment. We can generally install your garbage disposal in just a day.
Give us your honest feedback!
Your opinion matters to us—and we mean it. Our Wilmington plumbers will always request your feedback at the end of every job. We want to know if the job was a huge success or if there was something we could've done better. We'll do everything possible to ensure you're 100% satisfied with your service.