Electrical Panel Installations and Repairs in Alexandria, VA
On this page
Why choose us for your electrical panel installation or repair?
When it comes to repairing or replacing an electrical panel, it's important to hire a qualified, licensed, and insured electrician for the job. And that's exactly what you'll get (and more) when you hire Michael & Son. Electrical panels are a significant investment because they're responsible for delivering electricity throughout your home. That's why you'll need someone who will ensure it's done properly and safely. For over 40 years, Michael & Son has been serving the Alexandria, VA community and has collected over 3,000+ verified 5-star reviews. We proudly offer 24/7 emergency service, a dedicated customer relationship department, and a strong team of licensed electricians operating throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
What's the cost to repair an electrical panel in Alexandria?
The majority of electrical panel repairs in Alexandria tend to fall within this price range:
- Low $230
- Our Average $875
- High $5,000
The average cost to install a new electrical panel is $4,700, but it can range up to $5,000 or more. Learn more about the cost to install a new electrical panel.
How Michael & Son determines your estimate
- What's wrong with your panel. Much of the cost will depend on what's wrong with the electrical panel. If there's a lot of damage, a full replacement will be necessary, costing more than replacing a part of the panel.
- Access to the panel or breaker. Sometimes a circuit breaker or electrical panel poses access challenges to the electrician. If significant time is required to get to the system, it could affect the total cost.
- Whether or not whole-home rewiring is necessary. If your home needs to be rewired to accommodate a new electrical panel, you'll likely pay an additional $10,000-$20,000.
- The amperage. The larger the electrical panel is, the more expensive it will be.
- The addition of outlets. Replacing or adding any new outlets to your home may tack on an additional $230-$875 per outlet.
- If trenching is required. If you have outdated underground service lines that deliver electricity to your home, those lines may need to be dug up and replaced to accommodate your new panel.
Your electrical panel repair or installation in 4 easy steps
Schedule service with us
It's easy to schedule an electrical panel repair or installation with Michael & Son. We offer fast scheduling by phone seven days a week (just call us at 703-289-0565.) Alternatively, you can schedule your appointment with us online.
Meet your licensed electrician
We've got the best electricians in and around Alexandria, and we like to prove it even before you meet them. That's why we send you an email with your technician's name and photo the day before your scheduled service date. Their bio even includes a fun fact or two about their background.
Get your system working again
Our electricians arrive at your front door ready to handle 99% of all electrical panel and circuit breaker work that day. While the electrician is in your Alexandria home, they will wear protective shoe covers at all times, and lay down spotless drop covers to protect the workspace and keep your flooring safe.
Let us know how we did
Your opinion sincerely matters to us. That's why our electricians will always ask you to provide feedback after they complete a repair or installation of your panel or circuit breaker. This is also the perfect time to let us know if something went wrong, so we can quickly remedy the situation!