Furnace & AC Tune-Ups in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina & DC
On this page
Don't wait until minor issues become major headaches
If your AC or heating system is in need of a repair, don’t wait for small issues to turn into an expensive bill. By scheduling your HVAC tune-up with Michael & Son, you'll prevent expensive repairs, increase your system's efficiency and reduce your energy bills.
When you call today, our highly-skilled techs will perform a heating or cooling tune-up. They'll also provide a written report with recommendations on how to improve the quality and comfort in your home and ensure your system is operating at optimum efficiency and performance.
How much does an HVAC tune‑up cost?
The cost of an HVAC tune-up varies from company to company. Some charge up to $250 for an HVAC tune-up. At Michael & Son, we only charge $69* for our signature HVAC tune-ups (also called our "Clean & Check" service).
*Restrictions apply. Price applies to one (1) zone. Call for details.
What's included in a $69 tune-up from Michael & Son?
Indoor Unit Tasks:
- Disinfect work area
- Check thermostat
- Confirm system operation
- Inspect air filter
- Clean and inspect cabinet interior and exterior
- Clean and inspect blower, blower motor and blower compartment
- Spray disinfectant inside blower compartment and return
- Clean and inspect coil & pan & condensate drain
- Check capacitor and all wiring/connections
- Visual inspection of circuit boards
- Check power switch or service disconnect
- Check for proper voltage supply
- Check all safeties are functioning
- Check motor amps
- Check for CO and smoke detection and safety
- Visual inspection of all duct connections
Outdoor Unit Tasks:
- Confirm operation
- Remove and inspect disconnect
- Clean and inspect inside cabinet and coil
- Visually inspect fan blades and motor
- Clean coil and unit with water & hose
- Tighten and check all wiring and connections
- Inspect and test capacitor
- Inspect hard start or start assist
- Check compressor and condenser fan amps and ratings
- Verify all safeties are connected and working
- Inspect refrigerant lines, valves and ensure they're capped properly
- Review age, condition, efficiency, and expected problems, concerns
Your HVAC tune‑up in five easy steps
Meet your technician
The day before your tune-up technician is scheduled to arrive, you'll receive an email with his or her photo, bio, relevant trade licenses and some fun background information. We do this because we want you to feel comfortable about the person who'll be arriving at your ? home.
Relax while we check & clean your system
Our technicians will arrive at your front door ready to inspect and clean your HVAC system. While at work, the tech will wear protective shoe covers in your home at all times and lay down spotless drop covers to protect the workspace and keep your home clean.
Get a written report on your system
After the tune-up, our technicians will provide you with a written report detailing any additional work your AC or heating system may need now to prevent repairs later. After explaining any immediate repair needs, you can choose what work you'd like to prioritize. We'll either complete the work in the same visit or schedule another time/day to return and get the job done.
Let us know how we did
Whether the job was a huge success or there was something we could've done better, we want to know about it. Our team will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the tune-up went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.