Central Air Conditioning Installations in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina & DC
Schedule Your AC Installation Today.
Ready to retire your old AC unit? The team at Michael & Son can have a new system installed in your home in a day flat. We offer special financing with approved credit on the best Carrier comfort systems around. And our comfort engineers let you decide on the best system for your home by providing multiple options to best meet your need.
- Financing options with approved credit
- Friendly NATE-certified techs
On this page
What's the cost to install an AC
The majority of central air conditioning installations tend to fall within this price range:
- Low $4,200
- Our Average $6,000
- High $9,500
How Michael & Son determines your estimate
- We perform a load calculation. A load calculation helps our techs determine the correct AC size for a home. Load calculations measure home size, insulation values and the number of doors and windows, among other factors.
- We listen to what the homeowner wants. Some homeowners don't mind paying a bit more for more energy efficiency. Others are more focused on budget. And others still want all the bells and whistles (new thermostats, air purifiers, and other add-ons).
- We consider parts and labor warranties. Extended parts and labor warranties protect homeowners from paying out of pocket for repairs later on down the road. Adding extended warranties also adds to the price estimate.
Your AC installation in five easy steps
Meet your comfort engineer
The day before your comfort engineer is scheduled to arrive, you'll receive an email with his or her photo, bio, relevant trade licenses and some fun background information. We do this because we want you to feel comfortable about the person who'll be arriving at your home.
Find the right AC for your home
First, our comfort engineer will determine the ideal AC size for your home. Next, they'll work with your budget and your goals to identify the perfect comfort system. No matter what, we'll always give you good, better and best options for your air conditioner installation. And we'll never try to sell you a system you don't feel is the right fit.
Get your system installed
Your comfort engineer will give you a price estimate that's good for 48 hours. If you agree, we'll send a team of NATE-certified technicians to your home within 3-5 days to install your new system. These technicians will protect your home like it's their own. Shoe covers are worn at all times and drop cloths are placed down to protect your floor.
Let us know how we did
Whether the job was a huge success or there was something we could've done better, we want to know about it. One of the technicians on the job or your comfort engineer will be in touch with you to see how every aspect of the AC installation went. If you're not satisfied for any reason, we'll make it right.